European Geosciences Union
From Wicri Earth
The European Geosciences Union (EGU) was founded in 2002, as a merger of the European Geophysical Society (EGS) and the European Union of Geosciences (EUG). Interdisciplinary learned association, it is devoted to promoting:
- the sciences of the earth and its environment and of planetary and space sciences;
- cooperation between scientists.
It organizes annual General Assemblies, workshops, scientific meetings, topical conferences, short courses, summer schools. EGU also publishes a newsletter and several scientific journals and books.
Most of the information presented here comes from the official website of the European Geosciences Union.
The administration of the European Geosciences Union
The executive board
- President: Tuija Pulkkinen
- Vice-President: Donald Bruce Dingwell
- General Secretary: Hans Thybo
- Treasurer: Roland Schlich
European Geosciences Union general assemblies
Every year, the European Geosciences Union organizes its General assembly, being the place for geoscientists of all disciplines of the Earth, Planetary and Space sciences from all over the world to meet.